North Union Farmers Market
We had once posted this event before but it was worth mentioning again. In our previous post of the North Union Farmers Market, we had just started blogging so it could use an update. The North Union Farmers Market is a non-profit organization that has been around for over 20 years, starting the first market at Shaker Square in 1995. They pride themselves on having local certified producers so you know that all the products you buy are truly grown and made locally. They also accept SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) cards, along with WIC. They started that in 2013 so all people can afford to eat local foods.
North Union Farmers Market has 8 outdoor markets and 2 indoor markets held on 4 different days each week:
- Shaker Square Market: Saturdays, 8 am – Noon / Outdoors April 1 – December 23, 2017 / located at the Historic Shaker Square.
- Crocker Park Market: Saturdays, 9am – 1pm / April 8 – December 16, 2017 / located at Crocker Park in Westlake on Crocker Park Blvd. in front of Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- Chagrin Falls Market: Sundays, 10am – 1pm / June 4 – October 22, 2017 / located at Band Stand Triangle Park.
- Cleveland Clinic Main Campus: Wednesdays, 10:30am – 1:30pm / May 31 – October 18, 2017 / located at the Crile Mall on the Cleveland Clinic Campus.
- Playhouse Square: Thursdays, 10:30am to 1:30pm / June 8 – September 14, 2017 / located at U.S. Bank Plaza (formally Star Plaza) on East 14th Street and Euclid Avenue.
- University Hospitals: Thursdays, 10:30am to 1:30pm / June 1 – September 21, 2017 / University Hospitals Case Medical Center 2074 Adelbert Road Cleveland, Ohio 44106
- Legacy Village Market: Sundays, 10am to 1pm / June 11 – September 3, 2017 / located in the central parking lot in front of Stir Crazy closest to the Cedar Road entrance.
- Shaker Square Indoor Winter Market: Saturdays, 9am – Noon / January 7 – March 25, 2017 / Historic Shaker Square, 13209 Shaker Square, Cleveland, OH 44120
- Crocker Park Indoor Winter Market: Saturdays, 9am to Noon / January 7 – March 25, 2017 / located at 155 Crocker Park Blvd. between Aladdin’s and Arhaus in Westlake.
We attended the opening day for the Crocker Park outdoor Market today. They had sheep sheering that you could watch, while a man explained a lot of information about sheep. We watched from a far so Bella wouldn’t disturb the process, but a good size crowd surrounded the demonstration. We also can across some adorable piglets too! There was a local artist playing guitar and singer too. There were many baked goods and cheese at the event, along with some meats, produce, and other local brands. As it gets warmer outside, we should see more produce and flowers at the farmers markets. Some of the brands which we are familiar with that were there are Backattack Snacks, Breadsmith, and Lake Erie Pet Food. We took two samples from Lake Erie Pet Food as I am now looking for new dog food for Bella since she was a sensitive stomach. Crocker Park is very dog friendly so we saw other dogs there, and we did some shopping in a few of the dog friendly stores. Definitely a great way to spend the morning/early afternoon.
Sign Up for the Weekly Newsletter!