10th Annual Light Up Lakewood is an annual event presented by LakewoodAlive and located downtown Lakewood, OH on the first Saturday in December. This event was on December 3, 2016 this year. Last year, it was estimated that 25,000 people came out for the event. I definitely think it is the biggest event I’ve been to so far in Lakewood! There was free hot chocolate provided or you could purchase food from food trucks and local businesses. Games, ice sculptures, vendors, and live music also lined the streets of downtown Lakewood. The event was an all day celebration with the following schedule of events:
- 11 am – 1 pm – Lunch with Santa at Dewey’s Pizza
- 11:30 am – 4:30 pm – Ongoing performances at Barton Center
- 3 pm – King and Queen Ceremony at Plantation Home
- 4 pm – Festival Kickoff with Vendor Village and Food Court opening
- 5 pm – Start of Parade at Manor Park and Detroit Avenue
- 5:30 – 8:30 pm – Santa visits Lakewood Public Library
- 5:30 – 8 pm – Ongoing performances at Lakewood Public Library
- 6 – 6:30 and 7 – 8 pm – Performance by THE SELLOUTS
- 6:30 pm – Lighting Ceremony at Main Stage at City Center Park
- 6:45 pm – Fireworks Show
Bella and I went to Light Up Lakewood around 6pm, so we missed the parade. We walked the streets to check out the scene. We stayed for the Lighting Ceremony at the Main Stage, which consisted of Olympian Makorobondo Salukombo Named Grand Marshal for the Holiday Parade, Queen and King Selected for Light Up Lakewood 2016, and 4th Grade “Why I Love Lakewood” Essay Contest Winner Announced. Once Santa arrived, the tree was lit and the fireworks started. Bella was the biggest fan of the fireworks but she was behaved for it. We ran into many dogs while walking around. With most things outside, it was easy to take your dog to participate in the activities. If you haven’t been to Light Up Lakewood, make room in your schedule for next year!
You can read Cleveland.com’s article about Light Up Lakewood. Also, you can check out the hashtag #LightUpLakewood on all social media for more pictures!
Check out more dog friendly events in CLE on our Facebook page.
Sign up for our Weekly Newsletter!